Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving all!



We should all be happy to know that one of the French papers I sometimes read (I forget which, exactly) today named Thanksgiving the best American holiday, as it managed to break free of the Great Commercial Cult that ensnares our other holidays.

Just so everyone knows, I did have a glass of wine with dinner to celebrate, but kept it to that as I've been spending – and plan to spend - the rest of the day in bed, sick. How many hours can one man sleep in two days? It was 18 yesterday, and we're shooting for lucky 13 today...I'll be sure to keep you all posted.



Anyway, the point of it all is that I hope that right about now everyone is stuffing his/her face with Thanksgiving goodness. Have an extra (piece of) pie for me...

2 comments:

Kim said...

Whose idea of a sick twisted joke is that?!? A big bird turkey!?!

!?!?
!?!

Err Bloc Tuck said...

Well, nobody ever says _which_ bird he is a big specimen of. At least Oscar looks more upbeat than normal. He must've been delicious. Or wait, there's a Snuffleupagus joke in here somewhere...I just can't think of it right now. Damned television.